Control valve solutions for process flow, level control or pressure letdown
SchuF control valves are designed to regulate flow, level, temperature or pressure within a vessel, pipeline or process. They are used in the refinery, petrochemical, polymer, mineral processing and power industries.
Model 74BS X-Flash Control Valve, Photo:©SchuF
Applications of Engineered Control Valves
Experience meets high tech
Control valves are most commonly used to let down pressure, regulate level and flow, three way mixing and distributive control for PTA, polymers (PET & PBT, PU PVC etc.), coal and heavy oil upgrading, gasification and liquefaction, salt and brine, urea, 3 phase slurry handling, or high pressure acid leaching processes.
SchuF control valves are ideal for severe operating conditions with high flow rates, high pressure or temperature drops, corrosive & erosive substances, vibrations or where crystallisation can be an issue. SchuF has developed over 20,000 special control valves. Each has its own specific characteristics tailored to the process control elements that are most important for it.
"ToughFlash" Control Valve for pressure let down in Coal Liquefaction Process,
Characteristics of SchuF Control Valves
- Proprietary Cv sizing for 3 phase flow
- Continuous acceleration body design moves flashing from the body into the vessel, preventing cavitation as well as deposits in the valve
- Integral plug and stem
- Control characteristics optimisation using the SchuF Bell x³ Control Curve (linear and equal % also available)
- Dead space free control
- Unique patented spindle protector
- Choice of inlet angle, 90, 45, or 60 degrees
Control Valve Options
- Jacketed central body and integrated flushing options
- Special material and surface treatments are available (see below)
- Integrated & complete slurry line flushing from transfer inlet to angle control valve
- Available in a fire safe version with certification to ISO 10497
- Can be combined with Smart Positioners, Air Fail-Safe systems, and Automated Control Panel
- Flexible design to meet diverse control process requirements based on over 4o years experience and CFD Simulation
Control Valve Sizing and Materials Choice
Depending on the nature of the application, control valve sizes from 1" to 24" are available as standard.
Special sizes can also be made on request (typically up to 36").
Process Control Valves are available in all materials including cast-steel, stainless steel, all nickel based alloys, Titanium (all castable grades), Zirconium, and increasingly in Duplex and Super Duplex such as DIN 1.4462/3 and CD4MCu. They can be PTFE and glass lined and surface treatments include Titanium Nitriding, Canadizing, and Stelliting. Trims are available in solid ceramics and Tungsten Carbide.
Control Valve Model Numbers
For further information, pricing or a brochure, please contact us at: